Thursday, October 20, 2011

Dig It (293/365)

2011 10 20 IMG_6237w
“Handing some guys the keys to a Bobcat or backhoe is like handing a group of teenagers the key to your liquor cabinet.”

~ Andy Wasowski, author

TIME:  1:14 PM
PLACE:  Home
SUBJECT:  Backhoe bucket

When we moved into this house, HH promised me he would run electric out to the detached garage…ten years later, I’m finally it.  Pretty soon (I hope), when I park the Miata, I won’t have to stop, get out of the car, unlock the garage, pull up the garage door, get back in the car, maneuver the car into the garage (many times in the dark), get out and then finally, close the garage door and lock it back up.  I’d like to think HH is doing it because he loves me and doesn’t want me to have to do all that work each time I drive the Miata.  I really know it’s because he has his fancy-schmancy-mid-life-crisis parked in there too and he doesn’t want to do all that either.  I’ll take what I can get.

No comments: