Monday, February 14, 2011

Hanging Hearts (045/365)

2011 02 14 _MG_8815w
“Valentine hearts beat more passionately than everyday hearts.”

~Anonymous, winner of February 2011 quotegarden Twitter create your own quote contest

TIME:  8:20 PM
PLACE:  Living room
SUBJECT:  Paper hearts

I put these together on Thursday evening, so I would have some decorations up for StellaDella’s family party on Friday night.  I had the paper and eyelets on hand, so it was a very inexpensive endeavor.  We began our Valentine’s day with the annual cooking of the pink heart-shaped pancakes. (I was going to post a picture of them, but that would be two pancake pictures in a row and that would be against my arbitrary rules I have for this project.) The kids only had a half-day of school, but managed to have Valentine parties worked into the condensed day.  HH gave me a box of chocolate covered strawberries and a card with kittens on it.  He also made a tasty dinner <= always a good thing! 

2 comments:

Lucy Corrander : Photos said...

I think you celebrate Valentine's day in your community with more attention than we do here.

I'm sorry you didn't post the pancakes though - I've never seen pink heart ones!

Lucy

Mari said...

What a cute picture. I like your focus here. Sounds like a good day!